Fawkes House Country Spa Retreat is dedicated to sustainability throughout all aspects of its operations.
As a visitor to Fawkes House we can assure you that everything possible is done to lessen our impact on the local environment.
Below are listed a number of initiatives we have incorporated into our business.. ...there are many more...please ask......
- Saving energy is second nature at Fawkes House and includes the use of instant hot water heaters, solar heating of water for
our kitchen, efficient reverse cycle heating cooling with timers, energy saving globes throughout and line drying of towels, linen whenever
- Recycling is taken seriously with old towels and linen donated to animal rescue, replaced curtains, other furnishings donated
to op shops and all rubbish sorted for refuse collection as appropriate.
- Shop Local is our motto when selecting suppliers for our spa retreat. Fresh fruit and vegetables are sourced from The Shed
on Welshpool Road and Kalamunda Farmers Market, meat from The Naked Butcher, Mundaring, coffee and teas from local Rubra Coffee and our
organic JOIPure product for our spa and bathroom products. Eggs from our chooks and fresh seasonal garden produce are incorporated into
- Protecting the environment At Fawkes House we minimize our use of harmful chemicals where possible. We use eucalyptus and
orange oil for daily cleaning, washing powders are chosen that do not damage our soils and natural products are always used in our vegetable
- Giving back to our local community Fawkes House regularly donates prizes to local charities, uses local tradesmen and buys
everything locally whenever possible.
Sustainability and you at Fawkes House
Our welcome folders located in each cottage outlines our environment policy and includes a number of ways you as our guest can contribute to sustainability
at Fawkes House.
To help with this we offer
- Provision of shower timers in cottages
- Option to retain towels linen over stay
- Timer on reverse cycle
- Bottle, can, recycling, place adjacent to bin
- Refillable shampoo etc. as guest amenities
At Fawkes House we are always looking to maximize our sustainability across all areas
and we welcome new ideas you may have.
We are very proud to have won two awards in the last two years
acknowledging our success in protecting and conserving our environment.
Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce 2013 Sustainability Business of the Year
Kalamunda Chamber of Commerce 2014 Sustainability Business of the Year